This page is an introduction to TV Tropes and a guide on how to use it for beginners. It’s also a place where you can discuss and plan additions to The Iron Teeth TV Tropes page. If you don’t need an introduction or ideas on what to add just click the rather large obvious link above.
What is TV Tropes?
TV Tropes is a informal wiki dedicated to media and the tropes found in them. This includes books and even web serials. Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members’ minds and expectations. You don’t need citations and they encourage original thought when adding or editing. There are a lot of very good pages and articles up there so check it out. It’s a great resource for both creators and users of media.
How Do I Use It?
1. First you need to sign up.
2. Then you need to find a trope that you think should be added to our page. To do this you can randomly surf the site, look at similar works, or click on and explore links within existing tropes. A good place to look is on these pages: Rational Fic, Dark Fantasy, and Fantasy.
3. Once you find a trope to add to our page you click the edit button near the top of our page. You will then be taken to the edit page and see some code and text. If you don’t know what your doing scroll down until you see the individual tropes. For example:
* TheLostWoods: The setting is the Iron Teeth mountains which contain a lot of very old forest that are incredibly dangerous to enter. Seriously don’t do it.
A trope is added by adding a new line of text that begins with a *, followed by the trope name with capitals and no spaces, then a : and a description. See above.
Tropes should listed in alphabetical order when possible.
Save the edit page and then you will be taken back to the normal page. If this works the new trope should appear with a link back to the page of the trope you just added, but you’re not done quite yet!
4. Now you should go to page of the trope you just added and add an entry for The Iron Teeth there, so it links back to our page. This is the important part because it’s how our page gains visibility.
To do this edit the trope page and scroll down to the literature section. You will see a whole bunch of entries that look like this:
* ”Literature/TheIronTeeth” web serial’s forests are haunted by many different types of dangerous monsters. They are incredibly dangerous and a lot of people perish within them.
You need to add something like the above to the literature section of the trope page. It should explain how The Iron Teeth contains that specific trope. It should also be written to be as interesting as possible, because we want people to click that link.
It needs to begin with a *, then a space, followed by two ‘ not one “. Check to make sure it works and if you get a link back to our site then you’re golden! Thanks for adding a new trope to our page.
For more info you can find a basic guide here.
Why Don’t You, The Author, Do It?
As a wiki it’s impossible for a single person to do everything, and the admins frown on pages being constructed by a single person. It should be a community thing.
Comments are open on this page, so that you can give suggestions or discuss stuff below.