I have made some changes to how my website is set up. Some of the changes are small design things but others are more important. I thought I’d better explain the changes since some of the them might confuse readers that are used to things being set up in certain way.
The biggest change is that I’ve added Pagination. This means that the chapters I upload are now automatically split into smaller sub pages. You click the page numbers below the posts to move between parts. The next and previous post buttons will take you to different chapters. I hope this isn’t too confusing for readers. There are a lot of reasons I did this. It helps get the bounce rate down so I get better analytics and it is easier to read on mobile where my old set up made chapters really long and hard to read.
Here, have a helpful picture:
The front page now also shows an excerpt from the latest author posts and one for the latest chapter. This is mostly just to keep the page relevant and so that news gets auto updated. Search engines like this stuff. If any of you are having any issues with this than feel free to comment below.
On the topic of actual writing stuff, I’m still trying to get as much done as possible. I finished my self-editing of the first part of the story and have hired a professional editor to go through it so I can get an e-book out. It won’t hit the shelves for a while though, because editing takes a long time and I left picking an editor to the last minute. Book 2 will probably come out pretty soon after book 1 because it is easier to convert and I have things set up now. Live and learn I guess.
With that out of the way, I have more time to focus on the web serial aspects of writing. I’m hoping to get back to releasing 2 chapters a week but we will have to see how much I can get done. Quality writing is not easy to do on such tight deadlines but I’m going to try.
Please Vote This Week
We need your help and votes because we've fallen out of sight at TopWebFiction! You can vote every week, and you don't even need to sign-in.